Optics Design Engineer
Searching for a qualified Optics Design professional to join the R&D team within a rapidly expanding manufacturing facility on the East coast.
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
- Responsible for frequent analysis of complex facts or conditions to take regular independent action to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Develop new and innovative optics design for lighting products for the automotive and trucking industry, as well as general lighting applications.
- Active participation in continuous improvement of lighting product design and validation efforts to develop next generation lighting innovations using various CAE software as well as laboratory equipment and resources.
- Provide optical feasibility analysis, engineering design expertise and guidance to engineering and marketing teams for new product definition and concept development.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking analyses to understand and advance the “state of the art” for all aspects of solid state lighting for commercial vehicle and general lighting application.
- Active involvement in tool inserts development, qualification of molded parts, optical testing and certification.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related field ( Physics, Optics, etc. )
- 5-10 years of related engineering experience in optical design or photometry.
- Experience with Optics design / simulation software ( ASAP, LUCIDSHAPE, etc.) and 3D modeling / CAD design experience ( Unigraphics, Pro-E, Catia, etc.)
- Project management (MS Project) and PC skills (MS Word, Excel, Access).
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com