Searching for a qualified Tooling Engineer – Plastics and Injection Molding to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in the automotive manufacturing sector.
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
- Manages tooling program for major OEM and proprietary projects.
- Follows NPI practices and procedures.
- Manages financial budget and timing for tools and tool changes for NPI or LCM.
- Technical analysis of part, tool design, material selection criteria and utilizes advanced engineering techniques such as mold Flow and cooling analysis.
- Develops and documents the injection molding process.
- Facilitate troubleshooting projects for tooling associated projects.
- Creates mold design concepts on new NPI tooling programs.
- Reviews all mold designs and materials selections for construction.
- Ability to manage tool sourcing using the company’s procedures and practices.
- Reviews plastic materials selection to ensure cost and application compatibility.
- Assists in new mold development, including design, process, and operations setup.
- Assists in equipment selection, specification, and maintenance protocol.
- Analyzes molding and secondary operations. Establish corrective actions for any defects as discovered.
- Assists in the establishment of molding conditions and processing standards to assure optimum conditions to meet SPC evaluations and controls.
- Assists in upgrading housekeeping, manufacturing equipment layout, safety, quality, appearance of the entire molding operation, and implement productivity improvements
- Maintains updated mold design files and computer design information.
- Maintains updated design information on all molding and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains direct contact with tool builders during the process of designing and building new tools to ensure conforming with the company’s needs, standards, and new product introductions.
- Maintain up-to-date job knowledge by way of attendance at seminars, visits to tool shops and equipment builders, trade journals and personal study time.
- Requires a 4 year Engineering degree in Plastics with an emphasis on design, injection mold processing or the equivalent.
- Must have established knowledge in product, equipment and mold design, machine shop operations and practices, molding operations and processing capabilities of thermoplastic molding materials, including a working knowledge of plastic materials.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with engineering grade thermoplastics materials, and mold flow preferred.
- Scientific molding principles are a required knowledge for set up and troubleshooting skills.
- Metal forming and die cast tooling experience a plus.
- This position requires international and domestic travel.
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Hiring salary competitive with fantastic benefits package, room for growth into lead, senior, supervisory and management roles, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com