TxMQ is currently assisting their client in the search for a qualified Service / Field Service Technician for a non-exempt position within the Technical Services department of a reputable manufacturing facility in Chautauqua County, NY.
Industrial Equipment Service Technician
REPORTING TO: Aftermarket Sales & Technical Service Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, modify, test, and install equipment.
- Handle day-to-day administrative requests in conjunction with customer requests.
- Maintain database pertinent information regarding key customers.
- Maintain Service Department call log.
- Enter service orders in database and MRP systems while collecting all necessary information.
- Complete reporting in a timely manner as needed.
- Handle personal travel arrangements for customer visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 year technical degree in electrical or mechanical technology, or equivalent, with 2 years job-related experience in an industrial environment.
- Must have PLC experience and working knowledge of computers, databases, common software programs.
- Must be able to learn to use and adapt new software programs.
- Must have driver’s license and ability to travel overseas if necessary.
Additional skills to include:
- Language, Mathematical and Reasoning skills such as communicating verbally and/or in writing with other employees, departments and supervision as to work in progress, problems and/or completion; Present information to groups of employees, customers and/or vendors; Add, subtract, multiply and divide basic numbers and calculate percentages, perform advanced mathematical procedures, and prepare graphs and charts for presentations; Identify work process problems and possible solutions, etc.
- Physical demands of the position to include sitting for prolonged periods of time at a workstation, adjust visual focus, reach, stoop and/or bend as needed, climb stairs, some light lifting possible, and travel will be necessary.
- The environment is a traditional office atmosphere with quiet noise level, although will venture into manufacturing area on as needed basis.
- Hiring rate on this exempt role is competitive.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- TxMQ would like to extend thanks to all applicants, however, only those that may qualify for the position will be contacted for a preliminary interview screening.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com
Industrial maintenance, field service engineer, field service technician, maintenance mechanic, journeyman, millwright, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, electrical technician, plc technician