Our client, an expanding manufacturing and machining facility in western NY, is searching for a highly qualified senior Application Engineer for a technical sales and business development role and to join their ever-growing team.
Senior Application Engineer - Technical Sales & Business Development
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Personally visits existing customer locations to support and manage on-going business by maintaining strong relationships with operating departments and various management levels.
- Personally visits prospective customer locations to develop new business.
- Requires frequent entertainment and afterhours engagements.
- Achieves intimate knowledge of customers and industries in which customers compete.
- Develops and executes strategies for increased customer penetration by selling additional products and services to all customer divisions.
- Personally visits customer locations to win incremental business through active business development.
- Requires establishing strong relationships with various management levels.
- Periodic international travel may be necessary to develop opportunities in foreign countries.
- Displays and demonstrates products and solutions using samples and catalogues, providing value added guidance to customers.
- Utilizing knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, illustrates and emphasizes the company’s value-added propositions.
- Manages the quotation process. In conjunction with design engineering, manufacturing engineering and plant support, individual performs technical review of engineering drawings and specifications, gathers and prepares required information for formal quotation including, but not limited to, drawings, sample parts, technical data, volumes, and material sources for submittal to plant cost estimation.
- Manages the preparation of formal quotation packages for customer review.
- Quotes prices to maximize revenue, while maximizing Gross Margin.
- In conjunction with other sales support in the plants, monitors and manages progress of projects in order to successfully meet customers’ milestones and production schedules, from inception to implementation.
- Oversight includes ensuring material availability and tooling, engineering, and production readiness.
- Requires understanding of technical and quality specification, to include but not limited to ISO-9001:2000, TS16494, ISO 140001, RoHS, and REACH
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 8-10 years in an Technical Sales and Application Engineering type role with expertise in machining and aerospace industries.
- Language skills to include the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence in a professional manner. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must read, write, understand, and speak fluent English. Mandarin is a plus.
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to understand, interpret, derive, and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning ability to include the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Must be licensed to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office business software programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to learn additional software programs such as CAD programs is required. Working knowledge of MRP systems needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Employee has the option to work remotely out of a home office.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com