Our client, a rapidly expanding manufacturer on the East coast, is searching for a highly qualified Systems Engineering Supervisor to join their growing team.
Systems Engineering Supervisor
SUMMARY: Responsible for frequent analysis of complex facts or conditions to take regular independent action to achieve established goals and objectives within the Product Engineering department.
- Lead and manage the Systems Engineering group (both LCM and NPI related projects).
- Work with market leaders of truck body and trailer markets to develop application development projects and to gain standardization of harness business. Includes regular travel requirements to customers to support wire harness prototyping and installation.
- Develop and lead wire harness productivity projects.
- Use CAD to design wiring harnesses for trailer and bodies.
- Use CAD to revise existing harness designs to current engineering standards.
- Develop working knowledge of company projects to support customer technical needs.
- Assist sales personnel in technical expertise to support customer needs.
- Use NPI guidelines to deliver harness projects on time and at the best possible price.
- Develop and evaluate new harness designs and concepts to meet customer needs.
- 4 year college degree. Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 5-10 years experience in a role where this type of scope and responsibilities is applied
- Technical expertise in the harness business, commercial truck body and trailer industries
- Proven ability to work with customers to understand their needs from a technical perspective and apply industry expertise on product
- Project management experience, MS project, PC skills (MS Word/Excel/Access),
- 2D drafting experience (3D experience is preferred).
- To note – position requires an individual that can work in electrical harnessing on trailers, not electronics design and development
- Familiarity or experience with ITAR / EAR responsibilities, regulations and compliance
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com