Our client is seeking a Technical Sales and Business Development Executive to join their ever-expanding team in the manufacturing sector as they continue to grow and expand within the Aerospace Industry.
Technical Sales and Business Development Executive
Midwest Based - Remote
POSITION PROFILE: The outside technical sales and business development professional will be based in the Midwest, serving a specific industry segment within the Corporation. The employee will work out of a home office, unless near one of the facilities. The technical sales and business development executive sells products and services for the Corporation by performing the duties outlined below.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and executes strategies for increased customer penetration by selling additional products and services to all customer divisions. Personally visits customer locations to win incremental business through active business development. Requires establishing strong relationships with various management levels. Periodic international travel may be necessary to develop opportunities in foreign countries. Achieves intimate knowledge of customers and industries in which customers compete. Personally visits existing customer locations to support and manage on-going business by maintaining strong relationships with operating departments and various management levels. Personally visits prospective customer locations to develop new business. Requires frequent entertainment and after-hours engagements.
- Manages the quotation process. In conjunction with design engineering, manufacturing engineering and plant support, individual performs technical review of engineering drawings and specifications, gathers and prepares required information for formal quotation including, but not limited to, drawings, sample parts, technical data, volumes, and material sources for submittal to plant cost estimation. Manages the preparation of formal quotation packages for customer review. Quotes prices to maximize revenue, while maximizing Gross Margin.
- Displays and demonstrates products and solutions using samples and catalogues, providing value added guidance to customers. Utilizing knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, illustrates and emphasizes the company’s value-added propositions.
- In conjunction with other sales support in the plants, monitors and manages progress of projects in order to successfully meet customers’ milestones and production schedules, from inception to implementation. Oversight includes ensuring material availability and tooling, engineering, and production readiness. Requires understanding of technical and quality specification, to include but not limited to ISO-9001:2000, TS16494, ISO 140001, RoHS, and REACH.
- Responds to customer requests such as credit terms, RFIs, and so forth. Manages aspects of the relationship per terms and conditions of existing agreements, as well as negotiating new agreements in conjunction with company management. Responds when necessary to special customer needs or complaints. Prepares monthly sales reports of business status and opportunities.
Ensures the following responsibilities are fulfilled by engaging with U.S. and China sales support team:
- Enter production and change orders and quotes, as well as auditing orders received for price, quantity, delivery, revision level
- Inform customer of price, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Determine total cost and availability for customer
- Check inventory levels and notify materials department of orders that would deplete stock levels
- Communicates customer order and program planning with appropriate functional groups. Actively engages with the Supply Chain Team and customer to minimize excess and obsolete materials, and ensures compensation from customers per their materials liability. Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Sources materials for customer applications, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Experience in technical sales and business development with proven experience working with senior and executive level clients / customers.
- Proven expertise in researching and uncovering opportunities, gaining competitive advantage, building customer relationships.
- Experience working in a technical sales capacity, in Application or Sales Engineering, Account Management and/or Business Development, with both domestic and international customers.
- Experience within the manufacturing sector – ideally mechanical / industrial capital equipment, aerospace, automotive, machining, thermal, high temperature alloys, or heat transfer industries.
- Experience giving presentations, strong organizational and negotiating skills, as well as pc skills – (Proficiency in Microsoft Office business software programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to learn additional software programs such as CAD programs is required. Working knowledge of MRP systems needed.)
- Ability to travel, must have passport or ability to get one.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence in a professional manner. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must read, write, understand, and speak fluent English. Mandarin is a plus.
- Ability to understand, interpret, derive, and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Must be licensed to legally operate a motor vehicle.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee will be required to work out of a home office.
SALARY: Hiring salary competitive with fantastic benefits package, 401k with match, vacation, holiday, room for growth, relocation package if necessary, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com