CNC Machinists – Multiple Shifts
Seeking skilled CNC Mazak Mill Machinists – 3 & 5 Axis – for multiple shifts for local client in the aerospace and machining industry.
- SUMMARY:Multiple openings across shifts for skilled Mazak Mill Machinists-3 & 5 Axis. Program, set-up and operate 3 & 5 axis milling machines. Dismantle set-ups and return tools to proper location. Report variations to blueprint dimensions and inspection of quality parts for conformance.
- Includes Shift Differential Pay and Training 5-6 weeks on First shift
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for proper set-up and utilization of assigned equipment
- Set-up, edit, and run all facets of work assigned
- Inspect and measure parts to maintain statistical process controls charts
- Read blueprints, tooling and set up instructions, and standard charts for specifications
- May assist engineering/programming in developing fixtures as needed
- Monitor machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as needed
- Confer with Team Leaders and Programmers regarding drawings, sketches, and design data of a part to determine dimension and configuration of tool path(s)
- Ensure company procedures and “best machine practices” are being followed and are in place at all times
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
- QUALIFICATIONS:High School Diploma or GED. Technical/Vocational training required
- Mazak Mazatrol programming and operation experience required (5-7 years)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines
- Between three and five years of trade school, vocational education, or four years formal apprenticeship preferred
- Extensive knowledge of CNC 5 Axis machining centers
- Comprehensive knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of blueprint reading with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions
- Extensive knowledge of G & M code
- Experience with castings and weldments required
- Mastering set-up of any degree of difficulty with all types of material
- Able to meet or exceed established "Set-up" and "Run" standards
- Thoroughly understand what a tool is supposed to do before it cuts and be able to manage it through the cycle to insure it does what is intended without damage to machine, tooling or part
- Must have own tools
- CWI – Certification in Welding Inspections highly desired, but not required.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:Manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Ability to stand for long lengths of time with or without accommodation
- Ability to verbally give and receive instructions with or without accommodation
- Use of hands to finger, handle, and feel with or without accommodation required
- Good eye hand coordination and manual dexterity are required
- Vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with or without accommodation
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and liquids
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate
COMPENSATION: Compensation for these direct hire positions will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
- HOW TO APPLY:Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com