Our client is seeking a Sales Application Engineer to join their team at their equipment and systems manufacturing facility in NY. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth!
Sales Applications Engineer
OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the International Sales Manager, the Sales Application Engineer will sell and propose products, systems, and services requiring technical knowledge of engineering and/or science and cost effectiveness.
- Call on management representatives to convince them of the desirability and practicality of products and services offered
- Communicate and work with customers and production engineering to determine how products or services could be designed or modified to best suit customers' needs
- Demonstrate to potential customers how and why products and services would suit customer needs better than competitor products
- Develop and prepare financial and operational estimates
- Propose changes in equipment or use of materials resulting in cost reduction or operational improvement
- Report on market changes affecting company products and services
- May provide technical service for equipment and/or technical training for client employees and assist with agent training, development of sales tools, sales promotion, advertising, market evaluation, and competitive analysis for new product development
- Perform other duties as required
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience required
- Ability to identify problems, investigate the root-cause, and make recommendations for solutions
- Ability to effectively use verbal skills to transfer and communicate information to groups
- Ability to prepare business documents, client case notes, technical reports, manuals, articles, etc.
- Must have strong math skills, at minimum addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios
- Must have strong computer skills that include familiarity or prior use of Financial Software, Internet/e-mail, Presentation Software, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software, as well as proficiency with general Office Equipment
- The successful candidate must be able to respond to unpredictability, maintain a high level record keeping, a high pressure for results, Independent judgment and discretion, ability to organize and prioritize, manage multiple projects/tasks, handle conflict resolution appropriately, read, comprehend and follow instructions/work orders, and style flex / relate / adapt to others.
- With regard to physical demands and environment, this role will require the ability to sit, stand, communicate orally, hear conversation, work in a typical office setting, wear personal protective equipment when necessary, potentially work more than a 40 hour work week, a shift between 8-12 hours, and travel and/or be prepared for an overnight stay.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com