TxMQ announces an exciting opportunity for your review
TxMQ Direct Client Requirement
Job Title: Big Data Technical Manager
Duration: 6 months and likely to extend
Number of positions: 1
References: 2 WILL be required for submittal
This is an excellent opportunity with one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks headquartered in Western New York. As one of the 20 largest commercial bank holding companies in the US with over 650 branches throughout the northeast, our client focuses on investing in state-of-the art technology to continually provide high-quality banking services.
The Big Data Technical Manager will possess expertise in solution design, architecture, and hands-on development, testing, and deployment of complex Big Data Applications utilizing a variety of Big Data technologies including, but not limited to Hadoop(Cloudera), Hbase, Oracle NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hive, Flume, Spark, Kafka, Solr.
This leader will have experience with either Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution of Hadoop, and have hands on experience with one or more of Impala, Hive, Sqoop as well as experience with ETL development using Informatica ETL and data governance tools.
The right candidate will have experience with multiple technologies from those listed above, have firm understanding of Oracle or other Relational Databases, will be client facing and have a right balance of supporting business development activities as well as leading, managing, and contributing to solution delivery.
As a Big Data Technology Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct requirements gathering Enterprise Big Data Applications solutions
- Craft architectural standards and help define technical strategy and direction
- Design and build proof-of-concept solutions
- Design and implement Big Data solutions to meet wide variety of use cases including, but not limited to those driven by IT needs such as storage optimization or data hub, or by business needs such as predictive analytics, fraud detection, etc.
- Lead a delivery team of technical resources 6. Manage project delivery – identify and mange project risks, issues and conflicts, project staff, and budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience of leading and managing team for developing software solution in Hadoop environment
- At least 3 years of experience coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments
- At least 3 years’ experience with data coding technologies (Hive, Impala, HBase, Spark, Python, HDFS, Parquet, Kafka)
- At least 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux, including basic commands and shell scripting
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of database administration experience using database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
TxMQ specializes in finding the perfect career fit for our candidates. We make it our mission to understand your goals and objectives when you switch jobs, or take on a new position. As a leading technology and manufacturing staffing and services agency, we take pride in placing only the most qualified candidates into positions with our clients. It’s our job to ensure your and our clients’ satisfaction, and the only way to do that is to make certain that the position we find for you is an exact match for your needs as well as those of our clients.
If you are a contractor, you should know our contractors receive the option of a health insurance plan as well as matched 401(k) from day one of employment, in addition to paid gym membership, and other great benefits and incentives. We treat our contractors like family, and have some who have been with us for over 25 years!
TxMQ is the perfect size to pay special attention to each and every one of our clients and candidates, thus fostering and growing great relationships and ensuring both contractor and client loyalty have equal priority.