TxMQ announces an exciting opportunity for your review
TxMQ Direct Client Requirement
Job Title: Audio Visual Installer
Job Type: IT
Description of position:
The Audio Visual Installer will provide deployment and implementation services of various video, audio and web collaborations systems working with other vendors to ensure excellent service and timely implementation in corporate environments. Cable Pullers looking to get into the more technical aspects of communication technologies, should apply.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Install, configure, collaboration system solutions per statement of work (TV, flat panel, audio solutions, video wall, and video conferencing solutions).
- Provide customer-facing end-user documentation.
- Meet with colleagues, managers and account managers regarding account status and ongoing issues.
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff.
- Attend all appointments on-time, for full duration, with focus on providing quality client service.
- Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc.).
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of the Company.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding general principles behind audio and video theory, understanding how to utilize test equipment necessary for a fully functional system.
- Proficient with cable pulling, audio, video, control, & network terminations.
- Knowledge of basic construction concepts.
- Knowledge of basic power and electrical concepts.
- Proper hand and power tool operations and safety.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with a focus on quality work, balanced with achieving results within acceptable timeframes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, customers/vendors, and management. Present a positive professional image to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment managing a range of customers and technical situations.
- Forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team player, high performer.
- Ability to easily interface with external and internal stakeholders using a solutions-oriented approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer facing skills, and a can-do attitude are required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Hands on knowledge and experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of some or all of the following technologies:
- Basic understanding of signal flow, wiring and building structure standards
- AV signaling standards
- Video Signal types: HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component (RGB) Composite
- Aspect Ratios, Display types & uses
- Audio Signal Types: Line Level Balanced Audio vs. Microphone Level
- Connectors: HDMI, DB15 (VGA), BNC, RCAXLR, ¼” TRS, Phoenix
- Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Minimum (1) one year of demonstrated experience working on A/V implementations
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be regularly required to sit: use hands to fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate standard office equipment (including computer, telephone, copier, and fax machine) and requires long periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on computer.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Will work on-site at customer locations the majority of the time.
- Will be required to travel throughout geographical footprint on a regular basis.
- Off hour work and overnight travel may be required.
TxMQ specializes in finding the perfect career fit for our candidates. We make it our mission to understand your goals and objectives when you switch jobs, or take on a new position. As a leading technology and manufacturing staffing and services agency, we take pride in placing only the most qualified candidates into positions with our clients.
It’s our job to ensure your and our clients’ satisfaction, and the only way to do that is to make certain that the position we find for you is an exact match for your needs as well as those of our clients.
If you are a contractor, you should know our contractors receive the option of a health insurance plan as well as matched 401(k) from day one of employment, in addition to paid gym membership, and other great benefits and incentives. We treat our contractors like family, and have some who have been with us for over 25 years!
TxMQ is the perfect size to pay special attention to each and every one of our clients and candidates, thus fostering and growing great relationships and ensuring both contractor and client loyalty have equal priority.