Searching for a talented Sales / Applications Engineer with the ability to travel domestically to join a thriving and highly reputable organization in the Cleveland, OH and/or Atlanta, GA areas. This opportunity is offering base plus bonus, incredible growth and advancement potential. Sales, Engineering or Applications experience should be focused in the areas of Metallurgy, Metals or Chemicals Processing, Glass Processing, High Temperature Processing Equipment / Systems, Combustion and/or Heat Treatment, Burners or Milling industries – Skid Mounted Custom Processing Equipment.
Applications Engineer – Metals, Combustion, Heat Treat
- As a member of the Engineering Solutions Group, based in either Atlanta, GA or Cleveland, OH, the Applications Engineer will play a key role in the growth of the business unit through the technical sale and installation of the company’s applications equipment to the metals, composite and glass industry. With a focus on Safety, Efficiency and Reliability, both internally and externally, this position will be focused on providing company customers with support and development of complete engineered process solutions, including products / services, technology and equipment in the fields of metallurgy, heat treatment and combustion to drive sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare and present technical proposals, with the company sales team, to prospects/customers that focus on the company’s ability to provide complete Engineered Solutions in the areas of Metallurgy, Combustion, Melting/Heating and Heat Treatment.
- Individual will be involved in all aspects of an Engineered Solution for metal, composite and glass prospects/customer. Including initial contact, problem identification, data analysis, engineered solutions development, applications/equipment selection, value-based proposal presentation, engineered solution and equipment start-up and long term customer support.
- Proactive technical sales support to company sales teams using individual’s process knowledge, industry experience and applications background in high temperature processing.
- New product/application identification and development, application marketing.
- Interface internally with company regional sales team, the group’s engineering equipment engineers and company corporate marketing and strategic account teams. Externally interface with customers and equipment vendors.
- Position initially located in Cleveland, OH area. Potential for relocation at later date.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Technical degree and experience in high-temperature manufacturing / processing fields required. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, metallurgical, materials or chemical engineering preferred. Relevant co-op or work experience and/or training considered.
- 2-5 years of “hands-on” technical or sales engineering in high temperature processing experience. Relevant experience with combustion systems, glass processing, melt shops, foundries, hot mills, and heat treat operations strongly considered in lieu of technical sales experience.
- Individual should be comfortable with identifying issues, troubleshooting problems, critical thinking and working on a multi-disciplined team.
- Familiar with mechanical processes, equipment, process drawings, AutoCAD, PLC and process controls
- Intermediate capabilities with Microsoft Suite and Google.
- Familiar with applicable standard design and safety codes for equipment produced for metals and chemical industrial market sectors, such as CGA, ASME and NFPA and codes and standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Domestic travel at 40-70%, overnights, must have reliable and appropriate transportation.
- Hiring salary competitive with fantastic benefits package, 401k, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com