Searching for a qualified Materials and Procurement Engineer with a foundation in Plastics to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility on the East Coast.
Materials Engineer - Plastics
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
- Participate in new product development and product life cycle management teams – directly responsible for purchased components (understand function, identify and document critical performance characteristics, develop performance specifications)
- Lead efforts in identifying, evaluating, quoting, and selecting suppliers for purchased parts
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and suppliers to successfully match the company’s needs with suppliers’ capabilities
- Responsible for the quality of purchased parts and services from suppliers. Requests, reviews, and approves PPAP’s. Works with directly with suppliers to resolve any quality issues that may arise during production.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback to suppliers
- Lead re-sourcing efforts in support of corporate quality, delivery, and productivity goals
- Requires a 4 year Engineering degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- Must have established knowledge in materials and plastics properties, plastic injection molding processing and operations, etc.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a Materials Engineering or Processing and Procurement role with engineering grade thermoplastics materials, and mold flow preferred.
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Hiring salary competitive with fantastic benefits package, room for growth into lead, senior, supervisory and management roles, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com